We are pleased to announce that we have just released Bacula version 7.4.1.
This version consists of mainly bug fixes, most of which are minor, but some are annoying. If you are a packager, I strongly advise you to take the 7.4.1 version as opposed to 7.4.0 since version 7.4.1 corrects a number of problems related to packaging and installation. If you are already running Bacula version 7.4.0, it is not urgent to upgrade unless you find a problem you are experiencing on the list of fixes (see ReleaseNotes below). There is no database update required from 7.4.0, but as usual all Storage Daemons must be updated to the same version as your Director (presumably 7.4.1).
As a reminder, the Windows File Daemon is available for download on the www.bacula.org web site for personal use. Since there are no updates to the Windows FD, version 7.4.1 does not exist. Consequently, please use the Windows FD version 7.4.0.
We had hoped to release the next major version of Bacula about now, but four points have come up:
1. I (Kern) took a long deserved lengthy vacation for several months beginning in February.
2. There is now a huge amount of fixes (some included in 7.4.1) and nice new features in Bacula Enterprise that need backporting to the community version. The Bacula Enterprise developers have really been busy.
3. We decided to implement backup to the cloud, and that is much more work than I had initially imagined. Now I have the architecture well defined and a nice test program that works very well so I am currently integrating parts of the test program into Bacula (the community version).
4. Before, during and after my vacation, there were a number of nice patches that were submitted that must be integrated into the code.
It will probably take another couple of months to complete the work and ensure that it is stable. I will let you know as it progresses.
Rather than wait for the next version, we are releasing this minor bug fix version.
Thank you for using Bacula.
Release Notes for Bacula 7.4.1
Release version 7.4.1
This is a minor bug fix release to version 7.4.0. Most of the
fixes have been kindly contributed by Bacula Systems SA.
– Fix bug #1849 MySQL does not accept 0 for DATETIME default
– Modify the alist object to be reused after a destroy()
– baculum: Fix setting invalid timezone value for PHP
– Fix compilation for AIX
– Fix the restore termination string in the job report to take in account
JobErrors and SDErrors
– baculum: Show jobs for client
– Fix bconsole “llist job=
– Fix #146 about update volume command line usage
– bat: Fix #1066 about bad update pool command
– Fix #1653 about make_catalog_backup default user name
– baculum: Show jobs stored on volume
– Fix update Volume=x Slot=nn when Slot > MaxVols
– Set exit code for create_postgresql_database.in
– Fix bug #2197 — build failure with –disable-libtool
– Fix bug #2204 — superfluous END-OF-DATA in update_mysql_tables.in
– Convert a Migration job with errors into a Copy job
– Remove exporting add_mtab_item — fixes bug #2198
– Fix possible problem of show multiple resources
– Comment out tools/smtp-orig.c as it is for reference only